Sunroom AdditionsSunroom additions add living and entertainment space for you, your family and guests. It’s an appealing addition that adds to your home’s value. You have a choice of the classic glassed-in room, a screened deck or a solarium. You might choose a greenhouse you share with plants; some homeowners select a full room addition that has been designed with large windows and skylights.
We build sunroom additions from your blueprints, or we can create blueprints for you
Call 301-948-7132 and let us go to work on it
Sunrooms are generally attached to your home, with a door, archway or open passageway to the interior. It can also be designed with entryways from outdoors. Some sunrooms are generally intended to be used during mild weather, not extreme hot or cold; but there are window treatment options for comfort. You can select a four season solarium that is heated and cooled.
Sunroom additions require all trade disciplines; this is why choosing a general construction contractor is wise. You have one point of contact and don’t have to deal with numerous individual tradespersons.
Our multi-trade services include:
- Laying the concrete foundation
- Framing and finish carpentry
- Installing windows and doors
- Plastering and putting up drywall
- Insulating for comfort and acoustics
- Installing electrical wiring and fixtures
- Laying flooring, including tile; terrazzo; marble; and mosaic
- Masonry, patio stone and other stone work
- Roofing and siding to match the rest of your house
- Painting (interior and exterior)
- Take down of the old exterior wall to create the passageway
- Initial design and engineering
When sunroom additions are to be used in all four seasons, we provide tradespeople for heating, air conditioning ventilation and plumbing (if needed).
Where to put it?
Of course, there are structural considerations with your existing house, and lawn and garden aspects as well. We also factor in the direction your new room will face.
Southern exposure:This can be best because it will get the majority of light each day. Homeowners often choose additional cooling for sunroom additions with a southern facing. Eastern exposure gets sun in the first half of the day and is shaded the rest of the day. Some form of heating makes eastern exposure more comfortable in the late afternoon and evening.
Western exposure gets late day sun.Our multi-trade service includes installing window treatments to provide shading when the afternoon sun is harsh.
Northern exposures are shaded and less bright most of the day.Full insulation, ventilation to prevent dampness, and heating and cooling make a northern exposure completely comfortable.
A screened deck, screened-in porch, or sheltered patioHomeowners consider these more affordable sunroom additions. A screened porch, screened deck or patio is ideal in summer and also useful in spring and fall. In this case, the walls are constructed of screening instead of glass. It keeps out the bugs, unwelcome animal visitors, and lets in the breeze.
- There are security screens, made of heavy aluminum to protect against intruders or weather damage.
- You can choose solar screens that keep sunroom additions comfortable.
- Retractable screens roll up and down like a window shade.
- You have the option of screens that open and close like a window.
You may decide on a classic open deckWe are deck builders, and can fit even the trickiest spaces outside your home. Decks can be built outside a second story bedroom, or over a garage.
Sunroom additions can be constructed almost any time of year
Call 301-948-7132 and let’s set a timeframe
We provide sunroom additions in Rockville, Maryland, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Annapolis, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Potomac, Germantown, Montgomery Village, Chevy Chase and Olney as well as Washington DC.